HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Damn Beavers!
Thread: Damn Beavers!
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 01:43 AM
Game Stalker
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tankerchief

Opening day of firearms I went to climb into my stand and found the area flooded. Initially I thought that it was due to some heavy rains; but as it got light I realized that a beaver had dammed the stream and flooded the entire stream bottom. I sat in my stand all day without seeing a single deer. But, did get to watch a very busy beaver (no pun intended) working on the dam the entire day.
I can really relate to this. I was hunting public property that had produced a # deer for me. The area was hardwoods that had adjacent private property next to it which consisted of thick pines.
The opening was nearly 100 yds. wide and slightly narrowing. The deer used the opening as a travel route to a farmers field about 1/2 mile away. I came about a month before opening of black powder fully camo'd to sit and watch for deer movement. The whole area was now filled due to the beaver dam and it was spoiled for the following 4 yrs. Something happened to the beaver. Its lodge fell apart and the area finally returned to normal.

Last edited by Game Stalker; 11-26-2015 at 01:47 AM.