HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - question for all members
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 01:31 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Well Superhunt, what is happening in this thread isn't teaching anything other than one segment of hunters believe they have some kind of moral high ground over other hunters, especially by two posters. It is one thing to just go out and take shots that a person is not competent at taking and quite another to practice and hone long distance shooting. I don't shoot at the distances that RR shoots, not even close, however if a person is competent at a thousand yards it is the height of elitism to claim what the do is not hunting and different methods of hunting are more ethical. If a person is good at what they do and their kill to shot ratio is as good as those who shoot at shorter ranges, and that would include me, what right does anyone have to demean their method? And make no mistake about it, that is exactly what has been happening on this thread by those who disagree with that kind of hunting! As anyone who has been here for any period of time will know, RR and I do not see eye to eye on a lot, however when hunters criticize other hunters for using a perfectly legal method to take wildlife that is different from what they do, and the person using those methods are perfectly competent at what they do, they are helping those who would end sport hunting. Yes, RR asked the question, however the discussion has gone beyond why others don't take long range shots to anyone who does isn't hunting, just shooting, and that is pitiful. This thread has outlived its usefulness.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 11-25-2015 at 01:34 PM.