HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CVA Accura V2 LR - 3rd Party Ramrod?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 06:44 PM
rlmx
Spike

Default CVA Accura V2 LR - 3rd Party Ramrod?

2nd CVA, consistent results. Accura V2 is super accurate. Purchased the LR model. Incredible. Grouping just barely bigger than a quarter @ 100yrds. All impact points are touching.

Another thing that is consistent, the components, well, outside of the Begara barrel, CVA cuts cost with the quality of their components. (I guess the shoulder strap is an exception.)

Within the first hour of use at the range, the ramrod looked like somebody set to whittlin' on it with a pocket knife. The rod was used in a manor that is consistent with the mfg's instructions. I didn't drag it through rocks, or do anything outside of use it to load and clean the weapon. Not sure what kind of paint, or coating, or black marker, or crayon CVA uses, but there is no intersection with the word quality when it come to the appearance of the ramrod. To CVA's credit, it appears that the ramrod is more than adequate when it comes to durability. But it just looks like crap with a capital C. And actually, on second thought, as fast as the surface of the ramrod is degrading, I can't help but think that I will soon be at risk of scratching up the weapon with the uneven surface of the fouled-up stick.

Searched the web for a 3rd party ramrod. The Easton product produced for the Knight rifles looks great. But those rods are manufactured for a 27" barrel max.

May I please have a suggestion for a good quality ramrod (for a 30" barrel) that is durable and looks good?