HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - question for all members
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 05:38 PM
Ridge Runner
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Broncazonk
I seem to remember writing the following in Post 40, (with proper punctuation and capitalization nonetheless!)

"Listen son, game animals are not paper targets that exist for your amusement. You should have a strongly held ethical commitment to making near instantly fatal hits on target. Deer do not live so you can wound them at 800-yards. A 140-gr. bullet has the same energy at 800-1000 yards as a 9mm pistol does at the muzzle. There is a VERY GOOD reason why the 9mm is not a legal round to harvest big game nearly everywhere."

You're a wannabe son. What you want to be, is the question.

Bronc

P.S. If you ever apply "within the field" it's best NOT to mention your extra long-range doe killing. You will never get past the psych exam. (I'm quite serious about this.) I know that sounds rude and harsh, so please let me explain. You've proven that you can kill unsuspecting does and fawns at very long range. You've done that over, and over and over, and over... And you apparently take great joy from doing it. However, to maintain your long range doe killing expertise it's not necessary to actually kill one, clay plates are a far more convenient. So why do you keep doing it? Sure, it's lawful for you to do it, but what part of your psychology compels you to keep doing it?

By way of example, drowning puppies in a bucket is legal, but it's something that you probably shouldn't be doing. It make me sad and full of regret every time I kill anything. Do you feel that way? Are you trying to impress the rubes, son? What is the objective? What's going on inside you?

Here is a suggestion: take up bow hunting and try hunting mature bucks. You will quickly discover that hunting with a bow is far more difficult and challenging than using does for target practice at 800 yards. And I'm quite certain you will have all you can handle matching wits with 5.5 y.o. bucks.

All my Best once again,

Bronc
first off I'm not your son, so refrain from calling me that
and the recommended amount of ft/lbs required to kill a deer is 1000 so my marginal gibbs is sufficient to beyond 1100 yards.
every human has some amount of grief when ending another animals life, I'm no different but we have an overpopulation here, our area can sustain 18 deer per square mile, we have an average of 40 per square mile and without vigorous management the population will double every 2 years, so yes I kill a lot of does, 8-10 a year some years.
as far a 5.5 year old bucks, they do not exist here, they just don't live that long, they stress themselves out so much during the rut that they die their 5th winter, you according to your posts are the best there is with a rifle, but you do not have enough confidance in your ability to shoot game past 600 yards, so you pull your ethics card and call me a wannabe, suit yourself, but you have hit me with marginal equipment, ethics, I'm a phycho, anything else you want to add before I put you on ignore?
RR