HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Show your deer rifle
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 12:10 PM
Exophysical
Spike

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Thanks guys, the gibbs is ready, I will be looking for my 29th harvest beyond 600 yards come Monday, most folks walk in the checking station and are asked by the locals "How big"? all I'm asked is how far?
sept 23rd I had one damage permit left, needed to fill it and a buddy wanted some meat, I talk LR shooting a lot, but shoot within a small group of about 25 people, they tell their friends, and most of it is dismissed as BS.
We were watching a rye field along a public highway in the eve, and deer were starting to appear, here comes 3 vehicles, aquaintences who stopped to see what was going on, guy asked ya groundhog hunting? nope, got to fill a deer permit. where he said, there were 4 deer in the rye, lazered a big doe at 682, set the scope, as the trigger broke I knew she was gonna be hit, at impact she hit the ground got up, ran to the field edge and fell.
as we were packing up, the 3 trucks drove away without saying a word, when we were driving to pick her up, my buddy was all smiles, I asked what? he said, the legend just grew some more!
good shooting all
RR
Meh, we all do things for different reasons, and I don't care how anyone hunts. Some guys drive their trucks down logging roads and jump out and shoot stuff off the hood, some guys throw out hay bales, some guys shoot them from long distances. I tend to understand RWK's stance more than any of the others.

I don't care how big or how far, I just ask "How", I want to hear a good hunting story.