HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Making a change in Colorado!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 05:05 PM
Grouse45
Nontypical Buck

Default Making a change in Colorado!!!

After coming back from another Colorado Elk hunt I'm gonna make a change. With it being so easy to shoot bulls I wanna try something different.

I wanna try getting a Muzzleloader tag and calling a Bull in. I believe this season is in September and a lot of things change. Open sights is one change. And to be honest outside of 50 yards I'm terrible. So Sabotloader helped me order some new sights for the Knight Ultralite. We also got a new sight for my flintlock so I can start practicing right after rifle season. Might just shoot a few Deer with a Flintlock for Semisane to show us inline guys can get it done either way.

Another challenge will be bullets. Again Sabotloader got that figured out I believe for my Ultralite and Mountaineer my friend will use.

Another challenge could be powder??? Might need to switch to 777. Not sure yet but it's possible.

Another challenge will be learning to call a Bull in. Anybody got experience doing it I would appreciate some advice.

Another challenge will be weather. Could be tuff getting the meat out in a timely fashion. I hunt pretty high and it's a long hard walk.

Then maybe the hardest challenge will be getting a tag for that season. But gotta do some research on that.

I also agreed to do some testing and supply some data for Colorado this winter so maybe that will help get me a tag??? Lol, I doubt it.

I got my GPS and gonna start learning that. I can already tell why I never used one before.

So if I can find a way to put all this together and get a Bull, I might just pick another state or pick another animal and try something different.

I'm already talking next year, and hunting season is just starting for guns lol