HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Survey SAYS...?
Thread: Survey SAYS...?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 03:10 PM
Blackpowdersmoke
Nontypical Buck

Well fellas...

I know I didn't bother mentioning it because it wasn't BP related but I got my buck Halloween morning during the archery season. No monster, just a nice typical 8 point with a 14" spread that weighed 150 dressed. That said, here's what I did with my meat yield from him...

Both inner loins wrapped and frozen for a special meal later.

One back strap cleaned up and sliced into steaks, the other cut into three equal sections. I'll decide their fate at a later time.

I have 20 lbs. of nice lean cubed meat from the shoulders, neck and part of one hind qtr. that will be canned in the very near future.

I saved one round (football) roast from a hind qtr. I cleaned up and saved 10 lbs. of the leanest portion of both hind qrts. to have chipped (dried) venison made with.

I'm sending 10 lbs. of meat that I would use as ground venison off to have hot dogs made. You get double back so I'll have 10 lbs. of reg. and 10 lbs. of cheese dogs coming back.

I used the remaining 6.5 lbs. of meat for grind and added 3.5 of pork shoulder with it and made 10 lbs. of Lancaster Sweet Bologna in my MES smoker.

I'm happy!!

SMB