HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New frustrated hunter in IL
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 07:13 AM
Joe5688
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
You have now found the reality of finding private property to hunt without selling your firstborn child throughout much of the country. Is there any chance you can explain your predicament to the property owner such that he might let you use your shotgun this one season since it is for a very limited time period? Short of that I guess you need to find some public land that you'll end up sharing with others like millions of other folks have to do if they want to hunt. Good luck!
Yeah i thought i was gonna be lucky and have access to proven spots where no one goes but i guess that went down the drain lol.

Originally Posted by uncle matt
Here's a link for you of all the state access lands in NW Illinois region 1. I don't know why but in the descriptions for each of them some tell you the county and most don't. STOOOPID.

If you can't find somethin in Henry county just remember there are still many firearm permits available over the counter. Just be sure if a state area you intend to hunt requires only a county permit or a site specific permit. Here is IDNR link that shows the reported harvests from years past to give you an idea of the hunting in specific areas.

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/...stReports.aspx

No reason all should be lost.
I was looking at this list but like you said it's dumb that they dont show which county it is in lol. My only issue is i'm so pressed for time that i dont know if i'm going to be able to get out this year. I was relying on this spot so i didn't look else where and like i said i'm traveling til thursday and i was going to go striahgt out to my familys farm and hunt the weekend. I leave sunday again for work so i only really had friday and saturday.

I'll keep u guys updated if i find anything lol. Thanks for all the help.