HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need some broadhead advice... Please Help
Old 10-29-2015, 12:09 AM
miketodd58
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
With your short draw length and poundage IMO you should stay away from mechanicals. Not sure what speed you're getting but it sounds like you don't have the KE to get a pass through with a big cut mechanical. Get a cut on contact style broadhead for deeper penetration and avoid hitting the shoulder. A good strong COC head like the Slick Trick Viper Trick is a stong broadhead and will shoot along side your field tips if your bow is properly tuned. If they don't read the threads about bow tuning or the Easton bow tuning guide.
Not true.

I am 27 inch draw shooting 55 lbs and shoot a 25 inch arrow 400 spine 100 grain 1 1/38 Grimreaper and have had zero issues with them . They deploy and I get excellent pass thrus on shoulder shots.

If your wanting to go to a fixed head the friendliest two heads that are the easiest to tune are
1. slick trick (non magnum)
2. muzzy

I've killed a ton of deer with both the Muzzy and the Slick Trick. I gotta tell you those slick tricks are bad news bears on deer.

I've switched to Grimreapers because I feel they give you a little more long range performance, fixed broadheads really start to plane anything over 35 yards.