HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Treestand safety video and test - FREE - Take it!
Old 10-28-2015, 10:37 AM
Champlain Islander
Dominant Buck

Thanks Uncle Matt for posting that information and link. The information is basic to most of us that have been using tree stands for a while but often that experience leads to complacency so a review is always welcomed. Many of the new stands like Summit have a CD with details on proper use. After getting that stand years ago and reviewing the information I bought a HSS vest with lineman's belt and prussic knot lanyard throwing out all the old school black cinch straps that came with older stands. I can't say enough how using that equipment made both the job of placing stands on trees and additional safety a priority. Statistics are shocking on just how dangerous tree stands are. A smart person is one that gets the most odds in his or her favor.

After posting I decided it might be appropriate to put this at the top of the page as a sticky just so it won't fall from the first page and be over looked. I think it is that important. I hope this is OK with you Uncle Matt.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 10-28-2015 at 10:43 AM.