HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 7mm mag
Thread: 7mm mag
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 09:49 AM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Brandon, of all the years and all the hogs, whitetail, elk and moose I have taken using the interlock and interbond bullets out of several cartridges, I have recovered exactly 3 bullets. 2 from Elk and one from a moose. All 3 of those were shot from 175 to 200 yards and were dead on center of shoulder. The 2 from elk were recovered in the off side hide and the one from the moose was in about the middle of the off side shoulder bone. These hits were from .30/06 loaded fairly hot. The SST's are indeed rapid expanding bullets and I used to use them a lot until I had a couple blow up on close range shoulder shots. The interlocks are NOT designed for rapid expansion. The interBONDS have more in common with the SST's but they still have a more controlled expansion than the SST's. Taken a lot of whitetail with 7mm08 rounds and have yet to recover a bullet when I loaded up interlocks. My favorite shot is high shoulder. Taken literally thousands of hogs with 7mm08, 6.8spc, and .458SOCOM with all three sporting interlocks and interbonds loads. Hogs ranging from 60 pound roasters to 300 pound sausage hogs and I always seem to blow through them. If you are not getting pass through performance on them little Florida whitetail then you aren't shooting interlocks or you are loading them up with anemic loads.