HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Powder Charges & Round Balls
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 03:45 PM
OldBob47
Banned

Default Need a recipe

Originally Posted by rafsob
I also have the T/C Renegade in .58 cal. and love e it. It seems to shoot the PRB better then conicals. This is what I ended up with when trying to come up with a good load:

Seems like the gun likes PRB. I'm good with that and expect to nail a nice juicy doe this year with it.
Rafsob,
I'm at a disadvantage here. I don't have any recipes for "paper target". Kidding, but I never said RBs couldn't be accurate, and a properly expanded bullet begins to resemble a RB, once in the target. It's mostly the ballistic compromises that the sherical shape has that makes it such a poor choice, when better is available. A member here posted an account of shooting a deer, and watching it flop around for maybe a full minute, without even the mercy of a humane finishing shot. So all these folks are congratulating him. If I had had such an experience, I would certainly be looking for answers on how to avoid a repeat performance. I'm sure my Dad would have been disgusted with me.

Terminal effect is maybe more important than accuracy, so said Randy Brooks in the Rifleman article on his company. I agree, obviously. "Bang, flop" is the expected performance, not a happy accident.
OldBob47