HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunter survives 4 days alone in Idaho with a broken leg
Old 10-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

First of all sunshine, I didn't write the story, it was in the newspaper. Next, I know what it said, I could read and comprehend when I was 4yo, but because you seem to have a bit of trouble reading and comprehending what you read I will help you. read the bold!

"A bow-hunting trip in the Idaho wilderness turned into a test of faith for one man, who survived four days with a broken leg before help arrived.

John Sain, 50, was miles from any trails when his foot got lodged between two logs last Thursday, snapping the bones in his right leg. The pain was unbearable.

Using two branches and tattered cloth, he fashioned a splint for his broken leg, and began to crawl. Armed with his survival kit that he had packed for the hunting trip, a little bit of food, and a water purifier, he dragged himself through the rugged terrain. When night fell, he lit a fire to keep warm.

After the fourth day, dehydrated and barely able to tolerate any more pain, he said, "I was done."

That afternoon, a welcome sight appeared: Two men on motorcycles found Sain.

Sain is now recovering in a Boise hospital from leg surgery, surrounded by his family. He said prayer kept him going during his ordeal.

"Thank God," he said. "I'm a faithful man. I prayed the whole time. It was definitely my fuel."

I would say he did better than most men now or when your mythical supermen were preforming super human feats of daring do!

You can take your comments and put them where the sun don't shine. That man was in a life threatening situation and probably would have died had he not been accidentally found. A man afoot with a badly broken leg in 2015 or in 1850 in the wilderness would have fared no better than this man. I don't know who you are trying to impress but I doubt you were successful here.

Elizabeth Chuck

Last edited by Oldtimr; 10-17-2015 at 08:58 AM.