HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Load Advice Needed
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 03:35 PM
GPMD
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
With that short barrel on that pistol I wouldn't hesitate to go down to even 70 grs. You also didn't state it you were using a scope or not. My Accura doesn't shoot the 240 bullets very well butlikes the 300 gr XTPs
Another thing I've found shooting a pistol off bags is that they are sometimes pretty picky how they are laid across the bag. And you grip and trigger finger placement is also critical and must be consistent.
Good info, thank you. I must say, my grip most likely was a bit different each time as I was still trying to get used to shooting it. In my mind, if the crosshairs were on target, all was well.
I have no problem going less powder, I actually prefer it. I was going to do a seperate post but I'll ask now, what is a safe amount of blackhorn to use to have enough power to take a deer quickly? And a good bullet that handles a lesser charge? This will mostly be a fun gun for doe when I already have meat in freezer so it's not like it'll have to penetrate a huge animal. Just looking for an effective charge for max 50 yd at a doe sized animal. Thanks again