HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fletching and Rest Type
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 07:15 AM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Rock I remember the very first time I saw one of those things when they first came out and thinking "what a retarded design, that won't last". I can never truly figure out what anyone is thinking when they buy them. A rest designed in such a way that it ruins your fletch, slows your speeds, wears out if you shoot as much as one should shoot to stay sharp. All just because some can't figure out to put a finger over their arrow when moving or drawing Just never could get that. Hard to remember how many folks have come to me asking why their bows aren't consistent and I see that big old brown eye staring at me from their bow. I'd just point at it and say "there be your problem". And 99.9% of the time it was.
Oh come on now. Putting your finger over the arrow with a compound bow? Not mine.

There are better options but that is a huge exaggeration. Ive never seen a WB cause inconsistency at hunting ranges let alone 99.9% of the time.

Are you sure you are not replacing improperly installed/tuned WB with another properly installed/tuned rest then saying "see I told ya"?

I mean come on like it or not we have all seen hundreds of WB shoot just fine. If its not there is something else wrong.

The only problem Ive ever seen regularly that you mention is having to change the Biscuit as it wears out.

There are others I prefer but I wouldn't hesitate for a second to go hunting with a WB.