HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer movement in the heat, and human scent
Old 10-07-2015, 06:22 PM
coongitter
Spike

Default Deer movement in the heat, and human scent

I've been hunting a hot spot on public land. During the summer my trail camera showed lots of movement on a deer trail. Mostly Does, and small bucks. I've already took a four point buck off this trail on opening day. The days i've hunted have been warm in the lower 80s with very little wind. I've always thought warm days with no wind was bad for bow hunting because it being warm causes you to sweat, and that creates smell. To make things worse, with no wind it causes the smell to radiate out and saturate the area. Am I right on this? The first few days i hunted this spot (average 5 hours a day) I saw deer everyday but now it has dwindled down to nothing. Has my scent tainted the area spooking the deer to leave? If so, how long for the deer to return? I will probably stay out of the area for awhile and let the deer come back, and cooler weather with a good breeze to carry away my odor. I have been spraying myself down with scent killer, and using doe urine as a cover scent.