HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4- Locked & Knocked
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 09:37 PM
ManofTheFall
Nontypical Buck

So, I got to my spot this evening and the neighbor guy was blowing through clips of ammo. Probably about 200 yards away from my stand. I almost left and went to a different spot. I decided to stay and was hoping he would stop soon. I climbed up into my ladder stand and when I turned around to sit down I see a couple young ones walking towards my spot. They are probably between 30 and 40 yards away. I hurried up and sat down and got an arrow in. I saw a little bigger one kind of circling around. Then I saw one more bringing up the rear and she was a pretty big one. She stopped about 40 yards out and was staring my way and giving a few light stomps. After staring me down for about 5 minutes she got behind some trees so I brought the crossbow up. I waited for her to clear the trees then let her have it. It was a deadly hit. I don't think she made it even 50 yards. Here are a few pics. The first blood trail pic was where she was standing when I shot her. Blood trail was awesome. I used Rage 2"+ cut.
Attached Images