HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - OT:Snakes-Why'd it have to be snakes
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 03:28 PM
Semisane
Boone & Crockett

I hate snakes and the only good snake is a dead snake.
Aw Slowburn, it just ain't so. There's lots of good snakes out there that are not venomous and eat rodents and venomous snakes. There are only four basic varieties of venomous snakes in the U.S. - Rattlesnakes, Copperheads, Cottonmouths, and Coral. It doesn't take a lot of study to learn to identify the bad guys and leave the good guys be.

Well I jumped in and heard this movement behind me and saw this brown snake strike me just above my ankle. I screamed like a girl.
Ed, did you go EEK, EEK, EEK or Aiieeeee? I spent a few years in Okinawa in the early `70's and saw several Habu while traipsing through the back country. Once, a buddy and I were on a motorcycle tour of a remote region in the Northern end of the island when a local Okinawan ran out of a cane field waiving frantically. We stopped and found he had been bitten by a Habu on the back of his calf. It was swollen and he was limping badly. He ended riding the back of my buddy's bike to his village which was about a half mile from the cane field. At the village they loaded him in an old Nissan pick-up and took off down the dirt road like a bat out of hell. I've always wondered how he made out.

Last edited by Semisane; 09-28-2015 at 03:43 PM.