HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What brand/model crossbow should I get.
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 11:53 AM
Bionerd76
Spike

I bought a Ten Point Shadow Ultralight last year. I tore my bicep tendon and had anticipated buying a new bow. Instead, I couldn't stand to sit on the couch all season. So, I did my research, looked at ballistic testing of various crossbows, and settled on the TP Shadow Ultra light. The main draw besides the speed of the xbow was the accudraw mechanism for cocking. I couldn't cock the xbow due to my injury. So, I had to go with a cocking device and this one functioned flawlessly/effortlessly. The xbow itself is pretty spot on out of the box. I sighted it in rather quickly to 50yds. Took a deer at 52yds with great penetration. I was really rather surprised. I'm glad to be back to a compound, but IL will let me hunt with the xbow after the gun seasons. If I still have tags left, it will come out. I plan on having my kids hunt with it once they get of age.

One last thing, I found the cheapest price on the internet and took it to my local bow shop. They beat it by $75 and set it up for me too. Support your local shop!

Chris