HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Most lethal broadhead
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 04:50 PM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stalkingbear
I don't know when you started bowhunting rockport, but in the 40 years or so that I've been a bowhunter, almost all broadheads (and products in general) are designed better than they was then. Back then we didn't have the vast variety of stuff to choose from we do now. As a matter of fact I have not been able to recover 4 deer over the years that the blood trail tapered down and it was raining pretty good before I was ever asked to help find the deer. If you would try different stuff you would have a more educated better opinion about the different products on the market. I make it a point to try as much different stuff that I can afford to in order to know 1st hand exactly what I'm talking about on products, instead of forming an opinion not based on facts or experience. In that way when I tell a customer about something I've used and whether I can recommend it or not based on actual experience. I can offer them honest experienced recommendations on if a certain thing is going to work good or not. Sure I go through a lot that way and never recover the expense but it's worth it in the long run. You go ahead about your merry way inside the bubble and pretend you know about stuff when you haven't even touched it, and I'll go about mine. I'll even let you win the argument, cause I'm bowing out of the thread-say what you want. But the world is still not flat!

You could have at least made an attempt to counter my actual points.

I need to try these about like I need to try thinner toilet paper. The very concept of the design is to give me more of what I don't need more of(cutting surface) by robbing from what I would like to have more of(penetration)

I'll try new heads if they make sense. Ive tried Montecs, slick tricks, and several more well made and well designed heads that make sense. They are great heads There are lots of well made simple heads on the market.....hints why companies choose to reinvent the wheel instead of just compete directly.

I shoot thunderheads because they have always worked the best for me. Strong arguments could be made for several other heads like the ones I mentioned above. However reality is outside of completely missing the vitals of the deer the leading cause of lost deer is penetration issues.

Ive not seen one deer in my life shot in the vitals get lost because the whole wasn't big enough.....Ive seen a ton of deer get lost because there wasn't sufficient penetration.

Just answer the one question

Outside of completely missing the vital area on the deer what reasons have you seen lead to the most lost deer?