HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Yukon moose
Thread: Yukon moose
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 01:08 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tatonka
And listen to your guide...if he says, don't shoot.....don't shoot. Be patient. You're not going to see a moose behind every tree. I killed my moose on day 8 of a 10 day hunt.. Passed up several I would have shot if the guide hadn't been there.... sure glad I listened!! Put most of your meat into burger.....it has great flavor, but even the tenderloins will wear your jaws out! Bring a shooting stick and gun oil/rust remover.. I had to wipe my gun down every day.
Hence why you don't go after big old bulls. In other words, what the guide wants you to shoot. I'll take the youngest legal bull I can. Mostly I go after a cow moose but if I have a shot at a nice 3 to 4 year old bull I'll take it. Old bull's, like pretty much any other meat animal, are tough. The ones you passed up probably would have been some of the best meat that ever passed your lips my friend. I can't eat them big ole paddles so I could care less about an 8-10 year old bull that, as you said, is good for mostly hamburger only.