HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Chokes for Turkey Hunting
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

These are my "coyote chokes," but there are a couple "turkey chokes" mixed in there.

The Primos Tightwad and #5 Winchester loads are my go-to combination. I have yet to find a #5 or #6 load that does not shoot well in the Titewad choke, even though #4 shot has been hit or miss for me (holes in the patterns).

One thing I might comment, even though the OP only has this one post from 4months ago and hasn't returned since: Announcing that you have a blog and want to learn HERE so that you can post your 'knowledge' on your blog is a big turn off. Experience blogs are one thing - I wouldn't personally read them myself, but if seeing your "i tried turkey hunting, it was fun" blog post encouraged someone else to pick up turkey hunting, then great. But it really turns me off to see so many blogs around the internet where people pass themselves off as "experts" because they picked up a shotgun 6wks ago and went out and killed one turkey. If you're writing a "I tried turkey hunting" piece, then great - if you're writing a "I know a lot about turkey hunting chokes and want to pass it on, even though I just started and learned it all from reading online," then please stop.