HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Most lethal broadhead
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 09:30 AM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stalkingbear
Rockport-have you ever seen the blood trail the Toxic leaves with good placement? Since I started using them I have better blood trails than anything I've ever used. I've tried most of the different configurations over the years too. It looks like somebody walked along slashing blood out of a bucket with a good hit with the Toxics. You really should try them some time personally before dismissing them as gimmicky. If you have tried them personally I apologize.

Were you having trouble tracking well hit deer before?

What has your biggest or most occurring problem shooting deer with a bow?

I bet blood trails on well hit deer is not even in the conversation. Penetration is a much bigger issue assuming you hit the font half of the deer.

I assure you a toxic broadhead won't leave as good of a blood trail with only a high entrance wound and lodged in the far shoulder as a simple broadhead will penetrating that far shoulder.

Shooting from a tree and not penetrating that far shoulder is a much bigger problem than the amount of blood from a well hit deer.

Not penetrating the back shoulder is simply a way bigger cause of lost deer than not enough blood on well hit deer.

I bet you have never in your life lost a deer that had both lungs popped and a pass through and the best design to get both of those things is a simple fixed head.

Last edited by rockport; 09-08-2015 at 09:35 AM.