HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many deer
Thread: How many deer
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 04:13 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

OK let me rephrase this just so I don't come off as being arrogant. I can see where there are situations where a lot of game is utilized and the bag limits are liberal AND hunters hunt other game. I myself took 2 deer last year and a moose.
I guess what I was trying to say is about 10 years ago the PA Game Commission decided they wanted to reduce our herd. Which was fine. But IMO and the opinion of many other hunters is they went too far. They were giving out tags left and right and people were buying them up and slaughtering the deer just because they could. It got to a point where they couldn't even give it away and the meat was going to waste. The herd got so low in certain areas (public land) that you could go all season and only see a couple deer.
But now thankfully the PGC finally started listening to the hunters (not the killers) and realized they went too far and altered their program.
I'm all for people who use everything they kill. But I also despise those that waste this resource and I'm looking to the future of hunting for my grandchildren.