HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Grizzly Bears
Thread: Grizzly Bears
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2002, 04:22 PM
Surestrike

Default RE: Grizzly Bears

Thane,
As they say anywhere your brave enough to ride I'm brave enough to fly. Well maybe just about anywhere. I don't do floats insurance is to much. I've got a full horton STOL kit and 28" gar areo tires I do gravel bars primarily. I can't do what a cub can stol wise but I sure can carry more stuff. If I've got between 600 and 1000' depending on terrain and surface conditions we can do just about anything we need to. That's with a load it's less without one.
I'm with you on the big crowds I like to hunt by myself or up in AK with a buddy just in case. Do you fly?

Just as a primary info collection bout how far from home is your Moose hunting area? I'm thinking about fuel gear ETC.
I am no longer an AK resident so I'm not really interested in Bear As I've shot many many Blackies over the years but hey bud I'm always game for a big Caribou Bull. I've never bagged a really spectacular one yet. We used to shoot a lot of them up in Kotzebue in fact I shot two bulls last year. We also saw A very nice Arctic grizz Brown back with blonde sides fairly good sized too. My Buddy had a brown Bear tag but we were never able to close the distance on him.

Thank god I had my Stevens Single shot .410 with me, loaded with #000000 buck! Just in case, you never know what could happen with those unperdictable bruins.

Thane do you live in Anchorage? I've got a spot over on the Lake Hood strip.