HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Jeeps first off road adventure
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 08:29 PM
MountainDevil54
Banned

Got the boiling fuel/ high pressure fixed! The muffler/tail pipe section broke around the welds and all the hot exhaust was blowing onto the fuel tank causing it to heat up to the point that the fuel WAS actually boiling. Certain gas grades will boil at 100 to 400 degrees. The new exhaust set up looks and sounds great and no more problems thank god. Put close to 300 miles on it when I went over to new mexico to sight in my brother in laws Traditions Strikerfire and everyone had a blast in it. No problems whatsoever. I do have to adjust the head lights however.

She was all cleaned up and shiny! Doesn't have much room for a rifle at all in the back, i'll figure something out on that. I did get a home built receiver built and a luggage carrier installed for more room with the spare tire and a cooler. That will help out greatly.

Next adventure is to fill up the tank, drive it around and figure what shes getting for MPG. No problems cruising at 70-80 MPH on the highway. Scares the living day lights out of everyone that I took for a ride LOL. No roof or doors can really freak you out the first few times.

My 15 yo niece driving it on a back road. 4 low REALLY helps out with the new drivers.