HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Topography Map
Thread: Topography Map
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 05:35 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Scout the area real good. look for old rubs, look for funnels those spots where a finger of land sticks out into a field and across the field a tiny bit is a similar finger sticking out, My brother hunts a funnel that is high ground only 30 feet wide between to marshy ponds. I hunt a funnel that is a long finger going slowly down a hill and a long slow finger going up the other side which are easier to climb than the hills around. I also hunt a point of a cedar swamp that sticks out into a cranberry bog with the same thing 50 yards across the bog. Deer have a trail thru there that is wore 6 inches deep.
Search for bedding areas don't set up right on top of the area but search for trailed to it that are heavy used. Same with food sources search for the trails to and from the area.

Don't be afraid to go sit in your stands well before the season just stay away for a while before the season opens. After the season while the trails are still smoking hot from the season scout again. Watch for those lightly use trails off to the side of those heavy wore down trails too.

Al