HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate deer bait/attractant - PLEASE HELP
Old 08-26-2015, 08:06 PM
BigTime1
Spike

Originally Posted by MISwampDog
Hello everyone,

It's been a few years since I've been on, but I could use a little help. My property is located very near to a small town and several subdivisions. The deer don't use my place as bedding or feeding. It is used strictly for travel. With that in mind, my property receives very erratic deer activity. Due to the lay of the land, the deer don't use the same sets of trails, consistently, as they would in other places. The area of travel changes like the weather. Almost impossible to set up an ambush position.

With all this in mind, I have set up several blinds and hunt over bait and attractant. Yes it's legal where I hunt. I know there is controversy over baiting, but if you don't agree with it then please don't comment. I am not trying to start a baiting war. I am asking if anyone has used an "ace in the hole" attractant that could help pull a few deer in?

I know that nothing is full proof, but some things (that I may not have heard of or considered) may help me out. Any suggestions appreciated. I thought of a combination of vanilla/apple scent...but don't really know how to go about making an attractant. Any suggestions?

Thanks to everyone.
Look up ConQuest 200 in your state. Deer herd in a stick. You wont find a better attractant. Its plays on the deer's need to check out the new guys in town. It smells like deer because it comes from deer. It is not a sex attractant. Straight from the deer farm and in your own state. You wont find fresher!

Be careful of using corn. You very well could be hand feeding the herd CWD. Farmers in CWD positive states are sending corn and hay all across the country and are most likely spreading the prions right along with it.

Last edited by BigTime1; 08-26-2015 at 08:15 PM.