HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Time to buy points
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 08:00 AM
flags
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I find it odd that anyone claiming to be a meat hunter would have a lot of points built up.
Thought you had me on ignore Pete. BUSTED! Or do you think I wouldn't value the meat? You do know that hunting for primarily meat is an honorable thing right? But some of those "meats" like sheep, goat, moose take a lot of points. How long did you say you lived in CO?

If you think back to previous posts I clearly said I always put in for points when Uncle Sam sent me to the sand box to protect your rights. So I built up a lot of them over time. The only one I really want is a unit 2 bull tag which requires at least 20 points. I've got 21 right now so i can pull that tag when and if I want but lately mostly I've gone after females for meat but I did take a nice pronghorn buck last season. He as tasty too. But I still keep building points. maybe at some time I'll try for another sheep (great meat by the way) but maybe I won't. But I still keep my point count going up. I have to or one of those despised CA transplants will get the tag.