HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Canada goose/or any other goose prepared whole
Old 08-23-2015, 07:59 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Man OT, you have me fixn to break open my freezer and get out a few goose breast and make some for dinner!!!!!!!! I like to cook mine similar to your but I breast out my geese and use just the breast meat. I also use honey and orange slices/juice with a good shot of soy sauce in a marinate for a day or 2 in a gallon bag. I then put them in the oven in a glass dish with foil over it for about 35-40 mins. I use a orange marmalade glaze as its baking. I have sliced the breast open before and put orange slices in it or bacon as also.
Last year when we went to Ontario again, 1 of the guys made a stir fry with some of the goose breasts. INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!! He used a lemon juice, honey, orange juice marinate over night. He then boiled ten for 30-45 minutes to get the toughness out. Changed the water after 15 minutes to clear the grease. He then cut it into stir fry sizes and added a bag of stir fry veges. flip fried for a bit and served. Was great!!!