HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why I do not like AR rifles
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 05:03 PM
cjclemens
Fork Horn

Coyote hunting is the big reason I got into AR's. Having 3 coyotes come into a stand and laying all 3 out in short order is probably one of the biggest hunting thrills I can remember. I stayed with AR's because I quickly learned that it is one of the most accurate semi-automatic platforms available and that it is easily adaptable to fit a pretty wide variety of hunting styles and types of game.

I also recognize that not everyone shares the love I have for the platform. Some prefer the feel of checkered walnut and the smooth operation of a finely crafted bolt as it locks a new cartridge into the chamber. There definitely isn't as much "heart and soul" in a lump of plastic and aluminum. For others, that "made by mattel" look just brings back bad memories. All of these are things I understand and can, relatively speaking, relate to. Just like any other style of rifle - some will love it, some will hate it, and some will look at it and just go "meh."

For what its worth, those tacticool commando wannabes drive me up the wall. I'd love to knock some sense into 'em, but they don't make bricks hard enough for that!