HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New arrows and broadheads... Please Help!!
Old 07-31-2015, 07:40 PM
MissionCRAZE1
Spike

Originally Posted by cjclemens
I shoot GoldTip Velocity XT's, so I'm a bit biased. Since your draw length is fairly short, I think the Velocitys might make your arrows a little too light. The Hunters you've been using are a decent choice. The Kinetics might actually be a better choice, to give you a little more mass for energy retention. You will have a little more arrow drop with the heavier shaft, but I don't think it will be more than you can manage. GoldTip makes a good, tough arrow at a decent price. IMO, the Maxima Reds are way overpriced and over-hyped. Not saying they're bad arrows by any means, just that there's a lot of arrows out there that give you way more bang for the buck.

P.S. I noticed you were talking about Grim Reapers and NAP Spitfires on another thread. Both of those are fairly large expandables. With your shorter draw length, you might think about using some fixed broadheads. Where you're at is kind of marginal as to whether an expandable will work well or not. Just something to consider when you start building your new hunting arrows.
Thanks CJ!!! Should I use the Muzzy Phantoms? And will that tremendously change my arrow flight? Thanks guys... Only my 2nd year bowhunting