HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 200 Grain Shockwave
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 07:53 AM
BarnesAddict
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chaded
You do recall correctly, there was a conversation about it. There is certainly some missing pieces of the puzzle and many believe that there was something wrong with the powder (pellets) or something else. It doesn't make much sense for a bullet known to pass through animals when it expands to not pass through an animal when it doesn't expand. And, since the story is second or third hand information and not Barnesaddicts own, who really knows what happened.
Yes they've been talked about before and now that the subject is brought up again, its also time to show them again. The SW has been in a number of different conversations over the years. Some good, others not so good. However I can attest to their accuracy, as they've always grouped excellent. They just didn't perform on whitetail for me, so I no longer shoot them.

Here's an example of some, not shot into water bottles, but rather shot through paper, OSB and into a clay bank. I've had this photo for quite some time, as I haven't shot them in years. These however are NOT 200gr, but 250gr bullets.