HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Technology
Thread: Technology
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 02:03 PM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Technology

Arthur: sorry I got the wrong idea from your post.

BTW, I think I remember that Legislator. He was always trying to shorten archery season. I didn' t realize he referred to scenarios where his son became Robin Hood.

I like most of what is out there. I do think that the Manufacturers, in order to maintain, or increase their market share, seem compelled to come up with a new " gotta have" line of bows and accessories every year. Most who know me know that I tend to stay a year or 2 behind the cutting edge, and generally end up paying half price for my bows. I have sold a few bows that some on the internet forums call the greatest compound bows of all time. I wasn' t that impressed with them, personally. If you go out hunting with the attitude that you HAVE to get a deer though, I don' t think you are enjoying the experience too much.

Danny45: My 3 Newbies (sons) are set up as follows.

2 have round wheel bows with a single pin sight (for now) with caliper releases and whisker biscuit rests. Aluminum arrows for right now.

The third (acutally #2) shoots a round wheel bow with finger tab and no sights. This is his preference, and he is generally good enough to shoot that way. He is pretty decent with his longbow too. I do have a single cam bow waiting for him if he wants it.