HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T/C Triumph Bone Collector Mis-fires
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 07:45 AM
Triple Se7en
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Apparently you don't understand how the bullet works.

That bullet will naturally go easily down the bore; it was designed to. The photo shows the plastic shoved up the bullet by the ignition. This tightens the seal, and the bullet goes up the barrel much tighter than it went down. The fired bullet in the photo was pushed by only 50g of Blackhorn, and was traveling at over 1100 fps 25 yard away.
Apparently, you don't seem to realize ignition gas move up and around, escaping that seated bullet faster than the skirt engages upwards and motions that bullet upward.

It helps to explain why the Federal bullet was found on the ground 40 yards away. It also helps to cement more posting evidence on troubles that occur sometimes when conicals are used with Blackhorn.

The thread-starter specifically stated in his first post that things were OK using Pyrodex. That should have set-off some kind of powder-type warning bell with you initially, as it did me. I'm not saying his problems aren't compounded thou. He needs to address those other 1-2 issues too.

Also, I would like to know the size of his factory breechplug flash-hole. He states it's clear, but how big is it? Is it defective?

Last edited by Triple Se7en; 07-21-2015 at 07:47 AM.