HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T/C Triumph Bone Collector Mis-fires
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 07:22 AM
Grouse45
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mzelktag
OK. Back from the shop again with success. Got the 7/64 and then the 1/8 drill in and cleaned out the passage. That build-up was hard and I was worried that I would be taking metal before. Going after it with a little more confidence and determination got it done.

Muley Hunter- I understood. Bought some Hornady bullets to try just for that reason and they go in the barrel pretty firm but I already had the mis-fire troubles. Didn't think to try sabots. Now that I got the breech plug clean I can get on with it. Got to get to the range now.

I bought the soaker jar with the basket and took someone else's advise to use Carburator cleaner spray can. Neither of these touched it or even softened the crud. Should I be soaking it in Hoppe's instead?

When I get to the range, I will still use the shotgun primer, BH209, no swabbing, with Federal bullets and also the Hornady bullets. The federals are easy to keep loading without cleaning, I will have to see if the hornady's will keep loading or not.

Is there something to the comment earlier about a breech plug being modified for BH209?
I would definitely modify your plug. But in the mean time no swabbing and federal209A primers should work fine.