HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New and frustrated hunter in Illinois
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 05:29 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
And with living in Southern Illinois, DO NOT TELL ANYONE THAT YOU ARE FROM CHICAGO!!!!!!!!! We hear it and see it all the time, "Yeah, we were to told in Chicago that we can come to So. Il and hunt anywhere, its all public property property"!!!!!!! That or "Yeah, EVERYONE will let ya hunt on their property, just go on out and hunt!!!!! No we don't. There is ALOT of public property, there is more PRIVATE property. A lot of people will allow you to hunt IF and WHEN you ask permission, a lot of people don't. And they are the ones who mess it up for others. And yes, I used to work up there for 5 yrs.
Yeah I've had to chase several "Chicagoans" off the properties I run down here. I guess the signs posted every 25 feet around the property stating "Private Property. No trespassing or hunting allowed without WRITTEN permission" wasn't a big enough clue. Even had one idiot (A lawyer no less) try to tell me that he wasn't trespassing since it was hunting season all land in Southern Illinois was open to hunters! After I was done laughing, and that took a while, I informed him that if he hadn't removed himself within 10 minutes that I would remove him. Standing well over six feet and being a little over 260 at the time as well as armed kinda got the point across to the moron. I can't stand city folks. Just rude as all get out and think they know everything when in fact most of them couldn't find their ass with a map.