HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Burris Eliminator rangefinding scopes
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 04:20 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jeepkid
I had the 4-12 version for a while, slick little set up. Sold it a couple weeks ago for $550. Very hard to beat for that price. A haven't heard of any cold weather issues with them, I know a couple guys that hunt hard and use them exclusively too. I just couldn't "warm" up to the looks of it, just didn't look right on a bolt rifle...

But you both mentioned the K.I.S.S method and the Eliminator is about as simple as it gets. Push one button and it gives you the yardage and a little red dot pops up to give you the correct holdover. Dialing a turret is much easier to screw up and takes longer.
What they meant by the K.I.S.S. method is the electronics period. It's just something else to go wrong. Granted the USE of those is easy as can be but dependency is an issue that needs to be addressed in the hunting community. People are becoming to dependent on fancy electronic thingamabobs and dohickies and whatchamajiggers and neglecting to learn the basics. Then when faced with a situation where their new fangled dodamaflotchie fails, I.E. cold weather failure, they are then lost as to what to do.