HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ruger No.1
Thread: Ruger No.1
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 06:53 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That's a gorgeous Ruger you have there fritz1!
Have to agree. And for $350!!! I'd say you did more than ALMOST crap your pants Man i would have been diggin in my pocket so fast it would have probably started a fire!

I have a couple of the #1's, One in 30/06 (Bit of a shoulder buster but accurate as hell) and one in .45/70 which I pull out on occasion for heavy woods hunting or Bison. Both have been worked on a little, little shave here and there to free up the forearm and most definitely trigger jobs. While they aren't as bad as most Ruger rifle triggers, they sure weren't up to MY snuff! But after a little stoning to the set, all's well with them both. The .06 is a one ragged hole with my handloads for it. Wasn't TOO far off from that with factory Winchesters if memory serves me correctly (it's been since 1980). The .45/70 never saw a factory round. Shoots around .5 to .75 MOA as it's a bit on the heat sensitive side. The colder the day, the tighter the group.

Edit to add: They are also the ONLY Ruger rifles I have ever owned for more than 2 months and actually like! Only other Rugers I own are wheel guns!

Last edited by super_hunt54; 07-02-2015 at 06:56 PM.