HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Most lethal broadhead
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 01:23 PM
stalkingbear
Nontypical Buck

I can't even find the old broadheads I use to depend on, being discontinued. They was the Anderson 245 Mag, and even though they weighed 125 gr, they was 1.5" wide, 4 blades. Every animal I shot with them, including 3 mature bull elk, went down within sight! It's a shame that when the Anderson guy died, nobody took over the company and excellent products! I also loved his Anderson Treesling! Wearing climbers all you had to do was grab the tree and walk up to a handy fork and loop yourself on, instant comfortable webbed stand-not even needing to add water! Now I've been testing the Toxics for a few years but have only used them on whitetail, groundhogs, and coyotes. They appear to cut 3 plugs out on the way through, and the deer drops VERY quickly within sight, with massive blood trails! I can totally recommend them personally. P.S. I've been seriously considering making a new version of the Anderson 245 mags, being retired from gunsmithing I have plenty of time, just need the backing! Mine would be constructed of Titanium & weigh 100 gr to accommodate modern bowhunters' most common desired weight for use with carbon arrows.

Last edited by stalkingbear; 07-02-2015 at 01:26 PM. Reason: addition