HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buget minded hunters call.
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 07:13 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Since your buddy just bought it, could you do us a favor and report back how it's performing at the end of fur season? Or next year thereafter?

I bought an Icotech GC300 - what I'd assume to the precursor to the GC350 that you linked - back in 2011 or 12? to test it out, and if nothing else, to have as a "truck call," and unluckily for me, it was unacceptable, and then Icotech's customer service was non-existent.

I had the opportunity to run it side by side of a FoxPro Spitfire at the time, and initially, the GC300 put out almost as much volume, with just about the same clarity (to human ears at least) as the Spitfire. But after a few weeks in the field, the electronics quit responding - wouldn't power up, play sounds, nothing. I contacted Icotech at the time, and after a number of calls and emails and about 6wks, I had to foot the bill for return shipping to get it replaced, which took forever. The replacement unit had a lot of background "hiss" or "buzz," it didn't get worse when increasing volume like speaker distortion, but it did get louder, and frankly, if I can hear it, then coyotes could REALLY hear it. I contacted icotech at that time about a refund, which I never got.

I gotta admit, buying at Walmart might be an advantage, since you can return anything to Walmart.

Now... That was 3-4yrs ago, maybe they've fixed their issues for the 350, and/or their customer service.

I'll look forward to hearing your buddies experiences after months in the field with it.