HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - In Hurry... Lens' Triple and my NY hunt
Old 11-18-2003, 09:00 AM
c903

Default RE: In Hurry... Lens' Triple and my NY hunt

Strut&Rut

I guess it is a " in the eyes of the beholder" thing. Personally, I do not consider shooting as many deer as possible to thin out the deer population to be my cup of tea for my hunting tastes. If I was to go out and repeatedly kill numbers of deer with ease, and I do know of areas I can do that, the " hunt" would lose much of its allure. However, as long as the deer is being properly utilized, a person killing several deer in one season does not bother me.

As for " banging" away at another deer before you know positively that the previous shot deer has expired, is not a behavior I would advocate that novice bowhunters imitate, or any hunter whose ability to know when a deer is actually dead by sight and hearing only, and whose tracking ability is substandard.

As for knowing that a deer has positively expired by sight and sound, 100 yards away in timber, I personally would have to call that a rash assumption.