HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Weatherby Mark V Accumark
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 04:54 AM
Big Uncle
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fritz1
I always wanted a Weatherby, well last weekend I finally pulled the trigger and bought a Weatherby Mark V Accumark chambered in the 7mm STW. I have been looking at this gun for over 2 years at my buddies shop. I ended up getting it for $1054 out the door with a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 scope. The scope has to go, I hate Nikons, think I will replace it with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24 or save a little more for a Nightforce. Anyone have experience with these rifles? The serial #'s are SBxxxxxx, can anyone tell me when it was made? Now the search for brass begins, I found the dies.
My father-in-law (RIP) collected Weatherby rifles. After his passing we sold them all as they are not my cup of tea - but they are good rifles. The price you paid seems about average for that rifle in excellent condition in my area.

I have had a fairly new Nikon Buckmaster give up the ghost on me and had to be replaced by Nikon, but other than that one they seem to be serviceable. I do not think I would put a scope of over 14X or 16X on an elk rifle.