HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The PA GAME COMMISSION
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 07:13 AM
dougl
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
While I don't have paperwork, what I DO have is a wife that worked in the Insurance industry for 30+ years and 12 of those years was in Pa. SHE is the one that told me the insurance companies were putting pressure on those that had influence on the commission. The reason was because they WERE losing money in Pa and had been for several years. The Insurance companies were trying to get the costs down plain and simple. They put it quite simply to the ones that had the influence either do something about it or they were going to have to skyrocket the premiums. That's not a rumor, myth, or anything else of the sort, it's plain and simple fact that is WELL known. You obviously have a bug up your butt with ANYONE that has anything to say about the PGC but you have some serious blinders on when it comes to simple and WELL KNOWN facts. I didn't say that it was the ONLY reason they did it, just that it was a contributing factor in the decision. Now according to the wife, who just looked this stuff up for me by the way, deer/car collisions are some 35% lower than they were 12 years ago and the general car insurance premium's have risen within the normal rate per annual cost graduation as most other states. (her words not mine I THINK that means they haven't went nuts). And are you really naive enough to think that there would be ANY minutes from the commission meetings that would show an outside source pressuring the committee? Especially where money more than likely changed hands? Come on Oldtimr, you've been on this Earth long enough to know better than that! You can't sit there and HONESTLY say that the deer/car collisions had absolutely NOTHING to do with them acting! Take your blinders off, get Dr. Alt off that pedestal and see the PGC for what it is, was, and always has been, a group of people plain and simple. With people come greed, mistakes, theft, and the rare PROPER things done. I DO know whats going on in the hunting world, have for many years. I don't listen to rumors most times, I go with what I see for myself and SOMETIMES take FEW people at their word.

As far as the gun/archery part, I never stated that YOU were the one saying it would be better for Gun first. It was back on the first page someone was stating it would be better.
That is absolute and utter nonsense.I've owned an insurance agency for the past 25 years and I can guarantee you that not only has the insurance industry not lobbied anyone for less deer in Pa,they actually could care less.Deer claims are a very small percentage of the total loss ratio.However,what they are is predictable from year to year.That predictability allows them adjust premiums accordingly and make a profit.Also,in the vast majority of cases collision rates are much higher than comprehensive rates.As an insurance agent,I watch my loss ratio very closely.Big claims like fires and multi-vehicle collisions concern me.I don't even pay attention to deer claims because they're small and they don't add up to anything worth worrying about.