HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - JeffB- Freedom Cam vs. Infinity Cam
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 07:43 AM
Rangeball
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: JeffB- Freedom Cam vs. Infinity Cam

Well, first of all I' m assuming what you meant is that the same arrow weight is used for an 80 pound Liberty as compared to a 70 pound Pat SC. At say 5 grains per pound, the Pat SC will still be the faster bow, apples to apples. I think you should compare grains per pound...not X arrow weight in grains out of a 70 pound and the same arrow weight out of another bow @ 80. I' m sure that IF I shot a 80 pound Liberty w/ a 350 grain arrow it would exceed the 70 pound Pat SC' s IBO speed by a pretty big margin. The BT cams are super efficient the lighter the arrow gets
Yes, I was comparing them based on the same arrow weight, which I would use out of each. I realize that would put the Liberty shooting less grains per pound than the Patriot, but with a 450 grain arrow, I' d still be good to go, 5.6 grains per # for the 80# Liberty versus 6.4 for the 70# Patriot... I understand grains per pound v grains per pound, the Patriot is faster, due to it' s 1/2" less brace and more aggressive cam.

I do plan to shoot both. I' m about to call the local dealer to see when he might be ordering new bowtechs. We have no large shops in our area, inventory is usually pretty limited...

Jeff, what were you able to find out regarding draw length and let off adjustability of the Freedom cam?