HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The PA GAME COMMISSION
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 04:44 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

No, you are absolutly misinformed! The insurance companies never, and I said never, had a blessed thing to do with the deer management program. They never lobbied the Commission to increase the number of deer killed and I mean never. I was in attendance at commission meeting from 1988 until 2007 and never once did any representive of any vehicle insurance company ask the commission to increase the deer harvest. That is just another myth bantied about by people who don't know what they are talking about. Just think about it. Why would the vehicle insurance companies worry about deer vehicle collisions? If it starts to cost them money, they simpley raise the rates in PA, they don't threaten anyone, they just do it. Presure by insurance companies is nothing but a load of nonsense. Before you deny what I have said is true, post evidence that it ever happened. Times, dates, copies of letters to the commission, minutes of a commission meeting showing a representative from an insurance company testifying at a commission asking for a higher deer harvest. It never happened. For the record, I never said the commission would ever open rifle season prior to archery season, I made a point to say if that ever happened, the archers would be complaining instead of the gun hunters. Up until your last post I thought perhaps you knew what was going on, it appears I was mistaken about that.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 06-19-2015 at 04:49 PM.