HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lehigh Defense new contolled fracturing bullet design
Old 06-15-2015, 11:15 AM
Grouse45
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Hey Grouse... what specifically is different with the CF bullets over the Bloodlines? Just curious. Seems like the Bloodlines already work pretty much exactly like they want them to, and very well to boot. Not sure what improvements could be/were made.
Great question!! And your right about the bloodlines, they work perfect every time.

The main reason Lehigh thinks the new bullets are better is because of the heavier petals. The new bullets have 4 heavier petals instead of 6 lighter petals. The 230grn Bloodline that knight never chose to sell had longer heavier petals on it. There was still 6 petals but heavier. I believe that's the main reason. (Everytime I talk to Gordy at Knight rifles I still keep trying to get them to sell the 230grn bullet) The other is the new bullet will open up at lower velocities. So long range shooting that's a benefit. Plus lite loads for women and children as well.

I need to shoot many animals before I will say there better or equal on game. I will say for some reason the new design is more accurate in my ultralite then the 250grn bloodline. But not enough to make a difference hunting for sure.

Last edited by Grouse45; 06-15-2015 at 11:20 AM.