HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Open sights range?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 08:47 AM
hubby11
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I've decided to go ahead, and get the Triumph Bone Collector It's a light gun at 6.5lbs without a scope. Easy to carry, and shoulder. My hopes are the Sims recoil pad, and flex-tech stock will tame the recoil enough for me.

I then remembered a peep sight I had on my last Triumph. It made by a guy with a machine shop in his garage. It's small and compact, and built like a tank. It has a dovetail for elevation and windage with allen set screws to lock them in. Way better than that cheap Williams compact peep sight. I'm not sure why, but this guy only makes the sight for the Triumph. It's only $59, and works with the stock front FO sight. The Williams sight doesn't.

Anyway, here it is. Bolt it on, and my sights are done.

Muley, don't mean to rain on your parade, but have you shouldered the Triumph with a mind towards using a peep sight? Back when I was shopping for my first ML I fully intended on using open sights and crossed the Triumph off my list of possible candidates. The supplied open sights were OK since the rear sight is halfway up the barrel but I could not get my head down low enough to sight through a peep (mounted just above the breech) on that rifle. I heard somewhere (possibly here) that the Triumph's stock was designed such that it would primarily be a scoped rifle. YMMV.