HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scoring trophies
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 05:00 PM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by kidoggy
thems some nice lookin goats ,top. purty decent whitey in the background also.
Thank you! Both those racks are whitetails. The nearest is a typical 10 pointer and the rear one is the only nontypical one I've ever seen in the wild. He's pretty wide and is also a ten pointer that most think is a 4x4 muley with brows. Both were taken in the brush country of south Texas. What was really something about the Booner antelope is that John and I were putting a stalk on two nice bucks that I had scouted and waypointed before the season opened when we ran into him and there was no doubt he was the best we had ever seen on the hoof. He went straight away from us and actually cut the distance back to the truck by over 1/4 mile and then laid down on the top of a big hill to watch his territory to the north the way he had been heading. We slipped up below him to about 210 yards, set up and waited until he got back up and he didn't know what hit him when John touched one off. Here is John carrying him back to the truck so we could take him in and let the taxidermist cape him out, as we didn't want to mess him up. The taxidermist isn't done with the mount yet and I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-09-2015 at 07:27 PM.