HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scoring trophies
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 04:29 PM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
They do exist but a real 80" goat is pretty rare, except on the internet!
I don't know why you made that statement because there are quite a few 80" or better ones taken each year. I've taken 3 that are mid 70s where we hunt in Wyoming and this is one that I helped my buddy take last year in that unit that officially scored 84 4/8" and made the all time B&C Book. Tip to tip and width are not used in the score, just the beam lengths, four circumference measurements on each side and the prong length on each side. Those are all totaled up for each side to get a gross score and the difference between each measurement from side to side is deducted to get the final net score. The B&C measurer in Cody came up with a gross score of 85 7/8" and with 1 3/8" of deducts the net was what I mentioned. The length of the horns were 16" and 16 4/8". I will have to resize the 2 pictures to put them up because the site won't take them the way they are. The third picture is the finished mount I got in 2009 and is the prettiest of the three I've taken and was around 75" with horns that were 14 1/2" in length.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-09-2015 at 07:27 PM.